Employment Law Updates and Webinars
National minimum wage and other statutory rate increases for April 2021
The government has confirmed that minimum wage rates, including the National Living Wage, are still to increase from April 2021 despite the coronavirus pandemic. Additionally, the National Living Wage, currently paid to those aged 25 and over, is to be expanded to include those aged 23 and over. The rates are to increase as follows:
- £8.91 (2.2% increase) for workers aged 23 and over
- £8.36 (2.0% increase) for workers aged 21-22
- £6.56 (1.7% increase) for workers aged 18-20
- £4.62 (1.5% increase) for workers aged 16-17
- £4.30 (3.6% increase) Apprentice Rate
Other proposed statutory rate increases from April 2021:
- Family leave rates, including maternity, paternity and adoption leave, are to rise to £151.97 per week from April.
- Statutory Sick Pay is to increase to £96.35 per week
- The lower earnings limit is currently £120 per month but may also increase, TBC.
Employment Law advice and support
DAC Beachcroft law firm is our associate for all employment-related legal guidance and support.
Our key contacts, Philip Harman and Michelle Jenkins, have advised a number of students' unions, and they understand our sector and context well. Now joined by Sajida Hussain and Kim Freeman-Smith, they provide a range of services and support which are outlined below:
- Employment/HR Retainers covering things such as contracts and policies, disciplinary and grievance, absence, pay parity, ED&I, redundancy and settlement agreements.
- 'Standalone' Projects such as TUPE, restructures and changes to terms and conditions.
- Training including for line managers and trustees, and general employment law updates.
- Independent Investigations including collective grievances, alleged misconduct and Officer/trustee disputes.
- Employment Tribunals
Full details of the DAC Beachcroft team, their employment support services and prices can be found here.
Contact Stephanie O'Brien on firstname.lastname@example.org or the DAC Beachcroft team direct if you have any questions.