Faith and Belief is an integral part of many students’ identity. Supporting students of faith and belief and meeting their diverse needs has been an increasingly important area of work for both students’ unions and institutions.
Since 2009, with funding from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), NUS has taken a clear leadership role in delivering its responsibilities of supporting students’ unions to:
- Understand the risks posed by some external speakers and how to mitigate against these risks
- Understand their responsibilities in relation to charity commission regulations.
- Respond to tensions between different student faith groups
- Support student faith groups negotiate for improved services and gain acknowledgement from their institutions of their specific needs (particularly in relation to changing equality legislation)
- Increase interaction, understanding and learning amongst students and staff about the role of religion and belief in students’ lives
This project is coming to a close in it's current format but NUS will continue to support work in this area. For further information please contact Race Equity and Inclusion Manager Mandeep Rupra-Daine at email@example.com