Lead and Change 2020
Wednesday 15 July – Tuesday 21 July (excl. weekend) 09:30 – 13:00 each day
We’re excited to announce that registration for this year’s Lead and Change event is now open. This year’s course has been designed as an online programme, promising to provide networking opportunities and the chance to develop the skills you’ll need during your time in office.
Don't miss out on the chance to build your network for the year ahead whilst also developing your leadership skills and your understanding of the key issues we face as a student movement.
You will collaborate with fellow officers in groups led by experienced staff members from across the student movement, as well as networking with your fellow officers, and hearing from second year and past officers about their experiences.
This course will cover a wide range of topics, such as: the history of the student movement, engagement, representation, campaigning and governance. We will provide opportunities for you to build connections with other officers based on your manifesto points, and to start to plan your year ahead. This training will enhance your ability to create the change you want to see in your association.
We want to ensure all delegates get the most from the experience and with that in mind, we have decided to spread the ‘live content’ over five days.
What to expect?
- Opportunity to meet new people and build your network
- Development of leadership and organisational skills
- Issue-specific networking and content
- Inspiring tutors from within our sector
- Safe space to share ideas and hear from others
- How you can get involved with NUS and the support available to you and your SA
For second year or returning officers, there is an opportunity to get content and learning tailored to you based on your own development goals. This could be though:
- Sharing a personal development goal with us, with training tailored to you to help you achieve this
- Delivering content based on your specific expertise
- Co-leading training alongside our experienced tutors
Register Delegates Here:
Deadline to register delegates Friday 26 June 16:00
Under 18 Consent Form
Returning Officers' Training Needs Form:
Deadline to complete returning officer form Friday 12 June 16:00