How do you cut the rent?
This webinar was hosted in December 2019 and focussed on the affordability of student accommodation. We look at the importance of data for any successful campaign and how it was used in a case study looking into the work done by 2017/18 Liverpool Guild President Rory Hughes on campaigning for cheaper rents in student halls. We discuss the pros and cons of certain campaigning tactics last year as well as a little look into what is coming up in this space from a national perspective and a Q&A at the end.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the reasons why Liverpool Guild SU needed to pursue a campaign around student housing
- List some of the data sources that were used to help frame the campaign and why they had been chosen
- Discuss the pros and cons of the action taken during the campaign
- Discuss the pros and cons of policy interventions concerning affordability in student accommodation
- Understand how you can support NUS’ work around student housing
How can I listen to the webinar?
You can listen on demand here
How can I provide feedback on this webinar or suggestions for future topics?
We have a quick feedback survey which will only take 2 minutes and would love to hear your thoughts.
For suggestions on future topics, please leave your ideas within the survey above and you can contact email@example.com if you have any further questions or for a copy of the slides