Officer Development Webinars
Over the next few months, we are aiming to create some new interactive, digital content specifically aimed at supporting Sabbatical Officers during their year in role. We have identified some key areas that cover a number of Officer priorities and will be able to give some guidance on key thinking, or real life case studies for you and your team to explore.
"How do you cut the rent?"
Thursday December 5th @ 2pm
The first Webinar will looking at the affordability of student accommodation. There will be a case study looking into the work done by Liverpool Guild SU last year as well as a little look into what is coming up in this space and a chance for you to ask questions.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the reasons why Liverpool Guild SU needed to pursue a campaign around student housing
- List some of the data sources that were used to help frame the campaign and why they had been chosen
- Discuss the pros and cons of the action taken during the campaign
- Discuss the pros and cons of policy interventions concerning affordability in student accommodation
- Understand how you can support NUS’ work around student housing
Add it to your calendar:
Find the webinar on our Events Calendar using the 'Add it to your diary' button below and using the floppy disk icon.
See the button below for details on how to dial in on the day
There will be a recording of the webinar made available afterwards for those unable to attend.