Lead and Change is our flagship training event for newly elected and re-elected Officers, designed to broaden networks, develop the skills needed to lead and discuss the key issues we face as a movement. As with other NUS events we are reviewing the format this may take in light of Covid-19, to ensure we keep everybody safe, whilst maintaining an outstanding developmental experience for our student leaders. We will provide updates via our usual channels and update this page accordingly.
Calling all newly elected and re-elected Officers! Lead and Change, our flagship three-day training event, returns this summer. Don't miss out on the chance to build your network for the year ahead whilst also taking in some sessions around leadership and the key issues we face as a student movement. Covering a wide range of topics such as essential leadership skills, understanding power and privilege including the system of oppression and the importance of self and collective care, this training will culminate in your ability to create the change you want to see in your union.
What to expect?
- Opportunity to meet new people and build your network
- Development of leadership and organisational skills
- Remit-specific workshops and seminars
- Inspiring and experienced tutors
- Safe space to share ideas and hear from others
- Updates on wider NUS campaigns and how you can get involved
What are some key outcomes for you and your union?
- A more inclusive students' union
- Improved resillience
- Wider student engagement with the students' union
- Increased confidence of leading as a student officer
- Increased campaign success
- Improved network of fellow student officers
All First Year Officers
4 - 6 August
|Leeds Beckett University
||All First Year Officers
TBC - we will have an allocation of discounted places for FE and Small & Specialist SUs as well for those who volunteer their time to tutor.
Bursary Price - Please see the criteria for the discounted price available.
This course is all about students’ unions being diverse, inclusive and equitable organisations, supporting them to attract and retain outstanding people.
For more details contact the Learning and Development team, email@example.com