Creating Equity at Work Training is a one day course introducing and exploring ways to create an inclusive and equitable environment at work.
As a result of the training you will be able to:
- Apply tips to counter or reduce your Unconscious Bias
- Demonstrate allyship with colleagues from liberation groups
- Articulate your learning to others to challenge oppressive or discriminatory behaviours and attitudes
Who should attend:
Any staff or officers employed by the students' union
Future dates will be announced once confirmed.
£85 - Full delegate
£65 - Limited number of spaces are available for FE and Small and Specialist Institutions.
Impact of training for individuals and organisations:
- More equitable and inclusive work place practices
- Reduced barriers to employment and progression
- Increased confidence with addressing equality, diversity and inclusion issues
- Improved understanding and sensitivity towards a diversity of staff
- Improved organisational reputation
- Improved staff satisfaction and engagement
As a part of the training you will:
- Recognise the importance of creating an inclusive and equitable environment for colleagues and for the organisation.
- Differentiate between Liberation, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (LEDI) and clarify what they mean within the student movement.
- Explore how the concepts of power, privilege and oppression manifest in everyday life.
- Reflect on the impact unconscious bias can have and identify methods to counter your biases.
- Identify how to support colleagues from liberation groups.
- Assess what actions you can take to remove barriers faced by different groups entering and thriving in the workplace
This course is all about students’ unions being diverse, inclusive and equitable organisations, supporting them to attract and retain outstanding people.
What people say about this course:
'I strongly agree that I feel more equipped to contribute to an equitable work environment.'
'As a direct result of this course I will be a better ally.'
'The course was really engaging and useful - thank you!'
'As a direct result of this course I will engage more with our members to ensure our policy work represents them better.'
'This course exceeded my expectations!'
If you have any queries or problems please email email@example.com
Have a large group of staff to train?
To save you time and money, we can deliver bespoke training at your workplace. To find out more please viisit www.nusconnect.org.uk/learning-academy/in-house-training or email firstname.lastname@example.org